CONDITIONS FOR THE RENTAL OF COSTUMES
1. The cost to rent each costume is three thousand five hundred dollars ($3,500.00)
2.A caution fee of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) will be required before the costumes are collected by the persons or organization renting. This amount will be refunded if the costumes are returned in the condition they were received (without any damage and no costume missing).
3. Both rental and caution fees must be paid before the costumes can be collected.
4. The costume (s) can be collected two (2) days before the event after the payment of all fees.
5. All costumes must be returned two (2) days after the event for which they were rented. Costumes not returned within the two (2) days will attract a daily fine of two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) per day and will be deducted from the caution fee.
6. It will be the responsibility of the persons or companies renting to collect and return the costumes within the specified period during regular office hours Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
7. Costumes rented for international travel should be delivered within two (2) days after returning to the island.
8. The costumes will be examined in the presence of the representatives of the company or groups renting at the time of delivery and on the return of the costumes.
9. The JCDC will be responsible for the cleaning of all costumes.
10. All cheques should be made payable to the Jamaica Cultural Development Commission.
Be advised that the cashier window at the JCDC closes at 3:30 pm Mondays to Fridays.